View Single Post
Old 02-20-2005, 03:59 PM   #2
rames14
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1920
Parrothead -

Great question. I for one still have a few years before I get to retirement, but have many of the "plans" in progress. Although we love traveling and our Montana, I do not believe we will be "houseless", although we plan on being gone for two or three months at a time. We have our lot purchased in Colorado, water to the lot and a driveway in so we can use the lot until we build our house right as we retire. Once we can no longer travel, we will have our stick house to fall back on at that time. My brother's in-laws have been fulltiming for probably 15 years between Canada in the summer and Texas in the winter. They stop and see their kids/grandkids on the way up and back. They are starting to get to the point where they are ready to back away from fulltiming and have purchased twenty acres so that he can hunt and they will be putting up a house. Our situation is a little different because we have lived in the Midwest for the past thirty plus years and Terrie is a Colorado native. Our lot is two lots over from her sister. They also RV, but have a TT. I promised my wife that we would "retire" to Colorado. Our lot has year round views of snow capped peaks (Rawah and Mummie Ranges). So, we will have the best of both worlds, IMHO. Whatever way you go, planning is essential. The old saying in industry is "if you fail to plan, you plan to fail". Lots of considerations - if you sell the stick house and fulltime, will you have your principle left if you do go back to a stick house? How do you keep your nestegg even with the inflation of property values? As I said, its a great question. But so many opportunities, also.
Ron and Terrie Ames - MOC #1920/KF0NTA
2021Montana 3230CK Super Solar Legacy Package
2021 Ram 3500 Laramie Longhorn, BIM Charging
4x4, SRW, LB, Crew Cab, Pullrite 3900 Hitch
rames14 is offline   Reply With Quote