View Single Post
Old 11-27-2008, 11:59 AM   #27
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by richfaa

Phil (Indy) What you say is absolutly correct. You know those things because you have professional training. Most RV drivers do not. Except for the rules of the road that all drivers follow the Rv driver can pull any size or weight RV without a second of training (in most States) It is my opinion that the RV driver should be able to demonstrate driving skills and be aware of the capabilities of their trucks and campers. Now am not saying that the CDL holder is a better driver I am saying that he /she has more training and experience ..how they use that is another story.
Gotta disagree with the statement I hilited above. I have never had a CDL, didn't need one back in my days of trucking. I have much more pratical experience than many of these so called trained/experienced CDL licensed drivers. If you need proof just hang around some of those Flying J truck stops for an hour or so. I have seen fully CDL licensed truckers sideswipe poles, pumps and even other trucks just puling in and out of the truck stop. Now put that same "trucker" out on the Interstate with a fully loaded trailer and he becomes an accident waiting to happen. Training and getting that almighty CDL means nothing to many of these "truckers". They stuff that CDL in their wallet and drive like maniacs hoping to get down the road and make that delivery just to collect a pay check.
NOW, I am NOT saying ALL CDL truckers are bad drivers but in any group you still have a good number of "A" holes.

IF the state of Florida decided to require all Florida licensed RVers to get specific training for the rig they are driving or pulling I would be the first one in line.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote