Thread: Satellite Dish
View Single Post
Old 09-05-2005, 12:10 PM   #28
Wordsmith
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3215
Charlie pointed me over to this thread, and I believe I have a similar problem to worknomore, except I am powering two televesions through one DishDVR 522 receiver.

When the man who set up Dish Network for me back in April came out, he brought two DishNetwork 500 dishes and the DVR receiver with him. He told me that the second dish would pick up the Atlanta version of Turner Broadcasting, some Spanish channels, and something else if he hooked it up. I did not care to have two dishes on the roof so I asked if I could use the second in the Montana, and he said yes. He wired it up, with two coax cables coming out of it and two more 50 foot sections of coax. This sounds very similar to what worknomore is saying he has.

But here is where it becomes interesting...I looked at the dish on the roof today, and it only has ONE coax coming from it, running down to where the old cable hook up was on the side of the house. I also looked at the back of the 522 receiver after reading this thread and here is what is back there. There is one coax cable coming from the wall, up to a splitter. From there, one of the new coax cables, about six inches long, goes to a plug in the back of the receiver that indicates TV2. The other coax, slightly shorter, goes to ANOTHER splitter. One of these approximately three inch cables goes to where it is marked for dish 1 to come in and the other for dish 2.

I am truly confused...

Did a little checking around at Dish Network and found a pic of the back of our receiver at the following link:

http://tech.dishnetwork.com/receivers/522/index.shtml
Wordsmith is offline   Reply With Quote