Thread: Loyalty?
View Single Post
Old 08-11-2016, 05:24 AM   #33
jameswbarton
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #18658
Thanks Mike,
I spent a career in manufacturing in the Quality, Customer Service and Engineering departments of a fortune 500 Company now in Bankruptcy. In Quality Assurance management we are the first to go to raise profits levels and when we are eliminated it takes a few years for it to be noticed. The RV industry fell on hard times in 008,09,10 and did a lot of things to stay profitable while sales were down. I really believe it was Thor's influence that has degraded the Big Sky Montana name. Once any coach is out of warranty most find other repair facilities more convenient to their locations just like they do in the automotive world. Unfortunately if you do have a major issue such as mine where the ceiling might need removed an owner just cannot out of pocket a $200/hour taking several day expense. I am getting far too old physically to be climbing around roofs any longer so that is why I bought new with all warranties so I could enjoy living in it rather than fixing it. I do hope we meet some day. We are trying to get back to traveling full time again next year. Brinca is a traveling RN so the Montana is truly home for us while we are on assignment. I will miss my BAMC "Big AAss Motor Coach" but I will not miss the $10K annual repair and maintenance cost of a 12 year old Motor Home that had to visit Freightliner at $250 per hour and needed $4,000 in tires every 4-5 years. I can usually get better warranty service with my business experience but it is clearly evident in both Dealers and Keystone that the lawyers are more in control than those pushing for customer satisfaction.
jameswbarton is offline   Reply With Quote