View Single Post
Old 07-13-2004, 02:11 AM   #1
captbanjo
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1269
first trip out with 3400RL

Well, after months of deciding and heavy consultation with people on this list, we finally ended up with a 3400RL and a GMC Sierra 2500HD 8 cylinder diesel with Duramax/Alison combo. It was a crash course in trucks for sure. Last Thursday, we left our home (Rhode Island) and headed for Boothbay Harbor in Maine. We came back on Monday. Everything went fine but I'll admit I got a little nervous at one toll booth and I had to ask the attendant if I was going to fit. I made it through but man is that rig big! We have encountered a few small problems. There is leak in the bedroom near the furthest end slide. The pilot on the stove has not lit for us. We'll contact our dealer. But overall, we're very impressed with the quality of the Montana. It feels and looks great. It rained on our first night and we had the experience of enjoying ourselves in spite of bad weather. That's a first. In the past, in our smaller trailer, we always felt cramped and restless. This time, we sipped cabernet and watched television. Four slide outs does the trick. One thing we noticed immediately was that semis no longer suck our trailer to the side like before. So we have come to the realization that the rig requires extra caution and care but in exchange, we get a rolling apartment on our backs. Worthwhile compromise we think. The internet has saved us countless hours of time and probably a lot of cash in the purchase price. This particular resource is really a great thing. Now I have to figure out a signature for below.

Wayne and Cathy Morrison
captbanjo is offline   Reply With Quote