View Single Post
Old 12-19-2021, 12:10 PM   #7
DutchmenSport
Montana Master

M.O.C. #22835
Congrats on your new Montana and congrats on your pending retirement.

I had planned on retiring Dec 8 of this year, but things changed a little, so decided on Dec 31. But now that I'm this close, I'm getting pleas and begs from all levels of my management that I don't quit yet. So, I told them I stay on after the first of the new year, but didn't say how long!

Our Montana was purchased for the purpose of full timing also. It's taken 3 years of changes, warranty works, repairs, upgrades, adjustments, stripping out camping equipment we don't need, and figuring out what we do. Our last big change was to install a washer and dryer.

So, hopefully you will be able to spend some time in your new camper before hitting the road full time with no where to retreat to so you can make changes. There will be things you'll change... a hook here, a hanger there, remove this thing here, add this thing there.

It took us 3 years, but we finally decided to remove the sliding doors on the shower. They are gone now, and we're wondering why we waited so long. It's stuff like that. It just takes time to truly make a camper "yours".

Good luck! Enjoy, and again, Congrats!
DutchmenSport is offline   Reply With Quote