View Single Post
Old 04-18-2021, 10:52 PM   #28
kingdaddy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10966
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMcNeal View Post
Scott, even if you set the cold pressure to 110 psi, you will see when using your TPMS that they will heat up going down the road to as much as 135 psi, perhaps more. The warmer the tire, the higher the pressure. It really shouldn't make much difference if you go 100 or 110 psi on the cold pressure since your rig was originally load range E at 80 psi. You really have more tire than you need for the load either way, assuming you haven't overloaded the weight of the trailer. The Mountaineer is the previous version of the current High Country trailers, so they are lighter weight than legacy Montana's. You most likely do not have 7,000 lb axles that would require the Sailun Load Range G tires anyway.
Wow...are those numbers based on actual observation on your rig?
I have NEVER seen pressure increases of that magnitude and I have driven in some really hot climates. Most increase I've seen is closer to 10-12 lbs.