View Single Post
Old 11-10-2007, 09:35 AM   #38
MacDR50
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7691
Well I went to the dealer and yes they are Mission LoadMax tires on all the units. I looked at a customer's 3400 and there was a ridge along one tire's sidewall that didn't look normal to me. I talked to the manager and told him that when he goes to the big show in Goshen in January?? that he tell the Keystone people that I won't accept tires made by Nankang Rubber Co. I showed him the bad tire and he told me the unit was new this year. I suggested he read this post to get more information. He will give me steel tire stems for free.

12,000 lbs running down the road at 60 mph should be on good rubber.

Added on Edit.

The valve stems on the tires did not appear to be high pressure stems (chromed or brass tubes with hex nut caps). The used coach, the one with the bad tire, valve stems looked dried out with little cracks. I did some more research and discovered that some "Offshore" stems are made from natural rubber and age very quickly. This is the reason I asked for the steel tube stems for my new Montana. The cost is only about $2.50 a tire for the stems but it means demounting the tires. I will go with the snap in type. I do not know about the ones that have the inner mount (nut and lock nut). Lonnie can you give some advise on this?
MacDR50 is offline   Reply With Quote