View Single Post
Old 01-22-2022, 01:03 PM   #34
RipNC
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #26926
Boomer,

Though you copied the existing wiring I see a potentially dangerous situation - it appears that the wire on top of the line that goes to the pump is, in fact the wire to the 12v side of your panel. This means that if that 80 amp breaker is "off" and shore power is plugged in you could be getting voltage on the output side of that breaker (output coming back to the batteries from your converter) On my rig that line to the panel went thru a separate 50 amp auto-reset breaker and the factory had a separate 80 amp manual for the hydraulics. Try plugging in and throw that breaker off and test the output side - I believe it will still be hot! Another check would be to trip that 80 amp breaker without shorepower and see if you have 12v inside the rig (I'll bet not).

Solution: drop a jumper from the line side (bottom) of that 80 amp breaker, to feed a second 80 amp breaker and move that second line (the one on top that goes down into the rig) to the new breaker.

Edit: I should add the reason for the initial problem was the current from the converter when charging lithium exceeds 50 amps. That current is now passing thru that 80 amp breaker so all appears fine, but I suspect you'll find the above to be true.
RipNC is offline   Reply With Quote