View Single Post
Old 06-30-2007, 02:18 PM   #24
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by ashlandcpa

Is there a rule that 2 rallies can't be held in one state in one year? I'm still a rookie at this I guess, so I just don't know all the rules yet. Is there a book. It would seem that 2 different formats exist in the scope of things. Glen, you suggested someone restart the VA region rally even after you knew that VA was being considered for the NE rally in 2008. Just think, another feather in your legend cap.
No there is no such rule but like Carol said "Coming from NY we won't come down twice." and I know there are others that feel the same way but either haven't yet or just won't voice their opinion.
AND yes, there are just as many folks that feel the NE rally should be in the northeast and any rally to be held in Virginia be discussed in Virginia region category. AND NO the Mason/Dixon line has nothing to do with it.

As far as saying they should go ahead with the "Virginia" rally I am guilty as charged BUT at the time I made the suggestion Gettysburg seemed to me and many others to be the front runner for the NE Rally.

The Virginia rally was started years ago long before regional rallies were even thought of and NO it was not limited to just Virginia residents. Having attended that first Virginia rally I know this to be a fact and by the way I was and still am a Florida resident.

Other than the Rockahock CG I will do my best to attend the rally whether it is in Virginia, Pennsylvania or Annapolis, MD. It can be called the NE region, the VA region or a new one called the East Coast region. The name to me is unimportant as I try to attend all rallies that I can so long as they are not out of my way or the CG site cost cannot be justified or the amenities just don't fit the need for a rally atmosphere.

As I eluded to earlier..The 2008 NE rally is nearly a year away. I feel it is just way too early to have to settle with a campground that doesn't fit the bill with so much time left on the calendar.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote