View Single Post
Old 12-02-2006, 02:07 AM   #11
David and Jo-Anna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6022
Steve--just got some info from another dealer that confirms your info about an updated retail price sheet in August. There is now an even more updated price sheet dated last Monday (11/27/06), which seems to be the one now showing the new LCD TV with an MSRP of $925 (cost probably $595) and the new hide a bed sofa at $275 (cost probably $175). Also now lists the base price of a 3400RL at $48,175, up from the $46,995 on the 5/1/06 price sheet. But I don't have a copy of either of the two more recent price sheets, so I don't know if they have bumped up the prices on any of the other options. Anyone have the updated MSRP prices on the other popular options?

What puzzles me is why, when I asked a local dealer last Wednesday for the latest retail price sheet, he had nothing more recent than the 5/1/06 sheet I obtained last June. Since it would seem in the dealer's interest to be telling me about more recent, higher MSRPs from Montana, why not do so. Only thing that makes any sense to me is some info that I got from another dealer, who indicated that dealers lock in prices when they place their orders at the annual show in kentucky each November. If they have prices locked in in November for the units they order for the following year, then perhaps they aren't affected by price changes thereafter.

Anyone know just how this pricing system really works between Montana and its dealers? Sure would help with price negotiations to know what's really going on--love to call a dealer's bluff when they are threatening me with price increases from the factory to try to get me to put in an order sooner than I want to.
David and Jo-Anna is offline   Reply With Quote