View Single Post
Old 02-26-2016, 03:50 PM   #5
hunts800
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #11457
My dealer installed my Traveler antenna on both of my fifth wheels. I had him run satellite connections to both the living room and bedroom TV's. I got an estimate from Camping World and he matched the price.I leave an HD receiver in the living room, and bring an HD receiver from the house for the bedroom. I had my dealer install an HDMI splitter in the bedroom so I can use the bedroom receiver to hook up to the outside TV in the basement. They had to run an HDMI cable from the bedroom to the basement. With my Direct TV controller set to RF mode, I can change channels from outside.
Lastly, you may know this already but when you get more than about 400 miles from your stick house, you lose your local channels, thus losing ABC, NBC, CBS, Etc. you will only be able to get "cable" channels. You need to call tech support and convince them to temporarily change your equipment address, which is not always easy, and sometimes requires getting a supervisor involved with Direct TV. Dish may be more accommodating.

Final point....you need to check when you make reservations if they have satellite friendly sites available. Trees will make your antenna useless .

My wife and I love our Traveler antenna and feel the investment is well worth it.
hunts800 is offline   Reply With Quote