View Single Post
Old 11-07-2022, 06:35 PM   #5
bshgto
Montana Master

M.O.C. #16013
sometimes simple is better

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetskier View Post
I have aftermarket tuning. At first I had tuning by others, but started tuning myself after my turbo failed and I upgraded to the 2015+ turbo. The previous tuner couldn't get the turbo tables right in the ECM. I discovered he copied the tables from a 2016 model, but got the data columns pasted in the wrong place (exhaust brake added extra columns to tuning that didn't exist in the 13 models). Fixed that and things ran great. On the trans issue you describe, I completely changed the up and downshift schedules for regular and T/H mode as well as shift pressure/TC lock up and other tables for driveability with the added power the new turbo allowed. The aftermarket tuning software can manipulate the various tables (speed vs throttle position for commanding shifts). My truck now downshifts out of 6th at 45 mph. Stock was down in the mid 30mph range. I did reduce the T/H upshift mph from 2-3 and 3-4 and it helps get it out of that scenario you described. The only time I had to use the T/H button to force an upshift was a 5-6 shift. I adjusted the 6-5 downshift at higher pedal positions to keep it from hunting gears between 5 & 6 and it's no longer an issue. My towing MPG went up as well (not much around .5 mpg). Before the change, it dropped down to 5th at the slightest throttle input. I've dialed it in and I'm happy with the changes, but I still tweak things here and there.

This is more than you probably want to do, but it can be improved with tuning.
I just turn off T/H then back on and don`t drive over 65 for milage improvement.
F350 Ford Dually 4:10`s w/bags (payload 5595 lbs) Sumo Springs 63 gal aux tank
Reese Goosebox Mor/Ryde SRE 4000 X Factors Monroe shocks.... real smooth ride
bshgto is offline   Reply With Quote