View Single Post
Old 05-25-2023, 05:36 AM   #4
ChuckS
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20949
Since your battery is new and you have the 80 amp resettable breaker in line from battery to dual polarity solenoid and are seeing high amp draw even with just running one hyd slide I would..
.. Check the ground connection from the frame to the dual polarity solenoid.. remove the frame ground terminal end and clean surface to bare metal and reconnect
.. Check both cable runs from solenoid to both poles on the motor for corrosion or looseness
.. Re-check the connection from the 80 amp resettable breaker to the battery and to the solenoid terminal post
.. Remove the frame ground terminal cable end from battery negative terminal to frame and clean the surface till you have shiny metal and reconnect

.. If you are still seeing 80 plus amp draw when hyd pump motor runs then I would be looking at the motor itself considering your RV is a 2016

.. Mine is a 2014 and my normal amp draw is around 45 to 72 when operating the slides ( all 3 of my slides are hydraulic )
.. I see same with the 6 point hyd level up operation

A new upgraded BCM will DO NOTHING to fix this issue since it is only sending "Signal voltage" to either the extend or retract sides of the dual polarity solenoid and NOT the actual LOAD SUPPLY ( the 80 amp breaker is doing that job )

** The BCM IS GOING TOI GLITCH EVERYTIME that amp draw on that hyd pump motor peaks at 80 amps or more because the resettable breaker is causing the 12 volt source to BCM and Display tablet to glitch and BCM reconnect occurs

** I would also check the ground from the BCM itself to frame by removing the terminal end and verifying frame surface is shiny metal

EDIT -- if you used an oscilloscope you would see the peak is most likley higher than 80 amps for a few milliseconds
** The Victron display is not fast enough to see this NOR would any multimeter be able to show this.. but a scope will
** And YES - I have put my O scope on my RV and during cold weather operation the pump Peaks past 80 amps at ( 10 degrees outside temp )
ChuckS is offline   Reply With Quote