View Single Post
Old 05-19-2007, 02:55 AM   #5
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
This will not be a popular response but your experience is not at all unusual. What is unusual is that you will recognize the issues and talk about them. We had many of the same issues and your unit is less that 2 months older than ours.We were beginning to get black marks on our main slide carpet but after the service center worked on the main slide they went away. Our Kitchen faucet had come loose since day one..they installed a new one..it comes loose..but we are resigned to tightening it every time as I don't think there is a fix other than gluing it or screwing it to the counter top, For the cabinet doors coming open..we use those Velcro tie wraps..the alternative is to buy all better latches. Poorly applied caulk..of course but there is a 06 Jayco parked next to me here and it is no better.We did much the same thing on our flapping brake wires long ago. It is very disappointing to spend this amount of money on a camper then experience all these "workmanship issues" but that is the way it is in the RV industry and most Rv have accepted that as the norm.There are a few of us, myself included, that insist that the manufacturer be held responsible no matter what the inconvenience to ourselves.Having met you and talked about these things I know that you are a hard headed, Stubborn, that will settle for no less than what is right, stick to your guns,person..(hummm I just described myself)

After 1 year of Holding the manufacturer and vendors responsible, at times at great inconvenience to ourselves we feel we now close to having the camper we should have had the day we took delivery. The is a payoff down the road.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote