View Single Post
Old 05-10-2016, 03:05 PM   #1
Bill-N-Donna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7110
Word of Caution!

I have the “BAL X-CHOCK” wheel stabilizers. These will fit between the tires to help with stabilizing the shaking. That is all they are intended for. When we purchased these a few years ago there was a dis-claimer that came with them which explained they are not to be used for wheel chocks.

I know firsthand they will not hold the camper back under load! When I test pulled the camper the other day for the first time with the new truck, I had forgotten about them being between the wheels and they popped out as we left. I didn’t think about them until I seen them lying on the ground after we got back home. No tire punctures or anything like that. I’m telling this because I know that some campgrounds can have steep hills that one might be required to park on where safe chocking is a must. I stayed in a campground once in a Airstream that if we hadn’t had proper chocking it could have rolled down the hill on either end of the camper. We had a different type back then that we chocked the wheels with that was made for that purpose.

I'm not bashing the product but just wanted to convey a word of caution. It's very easy to become complacent and forget these are not chocks. Be careful and make sure that if you use something like this for a chock that it’s rated for that purpose.
Happy Camping & Safe Travels!