View Single Post
Old 02-22-2005, 02:57 AM   #4
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
Gamer1624

Congrats on your maiden voyage.

A few comments:

The water pumps are well known to be anything BUT quiet. Do a search here (see top of page) and read the many many posts. They will give you some suggestions for fixing or reducing that noise.

Yes, they tow like a dream! And, yes, I have done the towing, so I get to put in my 2 cents worth!! After towing a 30 foot TT for a number of years and my pontoon boat, I LOVE towing the Montana! Now, if I could just learn to back it up!

Drawers, that is one problem we have not had in this unit, except for ONE in the bedroom, which is held to only a 1 inch open by the bed. The kitchen drawers have never come open. We have had tons of other stuff move around in the rear kitchen, but the drawers stay shut. You will probably need to realign the catches and the hooks, Steve R can instruct you about that in great detail! (and we are very confident that our moving kitchen is no more, thanks to Bilstein and Isolator)

Artic package, giggle giggle. We use rugs on the floors that are not covered with carpet, and we wear slippers in here when the weather is cool. We also use 2 small electric heaters, one in bedroom, one in kitchen/living area. Also, keeping one roof vent open a little bit really seems to help, keeps the dampness down, and being damp can make it feel colder.

Were you trying to make a root beer float??

Others will be along with more hints on some of your "situations". The remote control for the air and heat is a hot thread on MOC as is the stereo and sound system. Good luck with those. Some have found that the sound system was not wired correctly and even some speakers not hooked up at all. Since we have neither of these systems, we can only report what we read here on MOC. Others will have a lot to say about both!

Cheers and many happy trails.

Carol
CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote