View Single Post
Old 11-03-2013, 08:25 AM   #20
Artemus Gordon
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12339
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Dutch and Di

We just picked up our 2104 Ram dually 2 wheel drive single cab less than 16th of October. Great ride and towing. My big complaint is that we ordered the 32 gallon tank standard on 8'beds but come to find out that it has only a 28 gallon tank. This is because they needed room for the DEF tank. Unfortunately for us the dealer did not let us know this & we promptly ran out of fuel. When I complained to the dealer that he should have let us know this, his comment was "yours was the 1st 2014 I ordered and was ordering blind and didn't know". I asked him why the paperwork he provided didn't show the 28 gallon tank & he had no answer.
There are several other "issues" we had with this dealership that are still not resolved. While I love our new truck, I will not recommend Lithia Dodge of Missoula Montana. Others may have had better luck but they took all the joy out of buying our new truck. Hugs, Di
I want to share an interesting experience. As I said I love the Ram but I did a prebuild on line. What I found was, when you added one option something else you wanted got removed. So I went to dealer. After nearly two hours , the knowledgable dealer showed many combinations I wanted were not available. This may have been corrected, but as example if you wanted a sunroof, rear window defroster and sliding power rear window at least one item was not available? Upgraded front axle then some other item was not available ! When we ordered the F450 the delete items were rare. Even allowed F550 axles. It appeared Ford had fewer restrictions. That may have changed with Ram 3500 now 2014 ordering is open. But this was just my experience. I did get the chassis truck additional rear fuel tank in my F 450 and can go about 875 miles towing ! That's why I originally wanted the Ram Longhauler !
Artemus Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote