View Single Post
Old 03-11-2005, 11:24 AM   #14
Wordsmith
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3215
Welcome to this forum, but most importantly, welcome to the world of camping. As Steve said to me last month when I joined the forum and mentioned that I had bought a new F-250 and was planning to buy a Montana, he thought I had made good decisions on both fronts. Let me paraphrase his comments to say that I believe you have made a good choice to give camping/RVing a try. I know of very few things in my life—other than my family—that have brought me as much enjoyment as my time camping.

I have spent my entire life camping—my parents took me on my first trip in the back of a station wagon when I was three months old—and it has worked its way deeply into my bones while camping in one of the first hi-los and three Holiday Ramblers with my parents and then with my wife and son a Coleman pop-up and a 28' Prowler TT, and hopefully, as of tomorrow, a Montana 3295RK. Though I have never fulltimed, I have traveled through the west and into eastern Canada and spent my summers in the mountains of North Carolina as my parents volunteered at a National Forest campground. What I want to say through all of this is that it has never become old. I have met so many good people, some of whom have now passed, and have had so many good times that each year and each trip is a new adventure. There are SO many good memories and stories…

Bottom line…have fun in your unit and meet new people! It is a great lifestyle!
Wordsmith is offline   Reply With Quote