View Single Post
Old 07-23-2020, 11:07 AM   #29
RVTraveler

M.O.C. #8709
Sailun vs. Goodyear

I just went through this tire replacement process for my 2004 2950 Montana. I previously had the Michelin Rib which I think is the best tire on the market for E rated tires. I ran them slightly over 10 years and they still had great tread and had never had a flat but cost is high. I'm not going to live another 10 years RV'ing. I wanted to go to Sailun because of all the great ratings but I really didn't want to buy new 110 psi rated wheels. The Goodyear Endurance was also getting good reviews and since I have the 6000 lb axles, I don't need the super weight capacity the Sailun provides. Many, including tire dealers, suggested running 80 psi in the Sailun and they say "everyone does it". But I was talking to Michelin customer service and they told me to be very careful about reducing tire pressure on a trailer tire. Trailers put stress on tires, especially when turning/maneuvering, that trucks do not. They also suggested that reducing tire pressure down a certain percentage is getting near what many (?) manufacturers consider a "run flat" situation which is dangerous because of heat buildup and voids warranties. I went with the Goodyear Endurance. It meets my weight requirements, plenty of cushion on the speed rating, and so far, good reputation.
RVTraveler is offline   Reply With Quote