View Single Post
Old 01-10-2021, 10:51 AM   #6
CADman_KS
Montana Master

M.O.C. #25060
Quote:
Originally Posted by twindman View Post
I have thought about the new front radius for turning too. I don't have experience (as I have a Pullrite slider), but the one thing to think/worry about is making a sharp turn, if your wheels go into a hole of over a bump, the alignment will shift and may cause the trailer to hit the truck. Just something to keep in mind.
I have a Chevy, so not exactly the same. But I have a toolbox in the front that is one that is under the bedrails height. And I have no problem with the trailer hitting it.
Great advice about turning on flat vs. turning in a dip. That point that you have burned into your mind, is still the same, but the conditions have changed, and you could end up too close, hitting the cab or toolbox.

As for the toolbox, I'd be really surprised if an above rail toolbox would work with an SB setup. I believe that that the Fords are about as high as the Chevy's (maybe higher, not for sure), but when I'm at the tallest I want to be with my 5'er ' (13' 4.5"), I have right at 6" of clearance between bed rails and 5er. I have a tri-fold bed cover, and it's about 3" tall when folded up, and I have to take it off when towing, just to be safe. I think that I could tow with it folded up, but if I'm turning, and dipping at all, it WILL hit.

These new trucks are just too tall, and the 5er's are too tall, and it's a combination that doesn't leave a lot of options for us SB guys, unfortunately...