View Single Post
Old 05-12-2019, 09:49 PM   #26
Texan
Montana Master

M.O.C. #19873
I carry an air compressor like most but an air compressor doesn't do you much good if you have a blow-out or a cracked wheel that causes you to loose air faster than you can put it in. If you have a blow-out the weight from the bad tire will shift to the good tire and put increased stress on the good tire. It is recommended you replace both the bad and the good tire on the same side if you have a blow-out or you have one tire go completely flat and have the weight of two tires on one. Other words if i loose air in one tire quickly i change both tires on the same side with both my spares. As I have said before, most people don't think they need a spare for the spare unless they experience a flat. With 2 cracked wheels and perfectly good tires I have learned anything can happen. I keep a spare between the hitch and the tailgate of my truck. Just because someone has traveled thousands and thousands of miles with no problem doesn't mean it can't happen. I can't control every situation but this is something I can do something about.I carry two spares now and hope I will never need one.
Texan is offline   Reply With Quote