View Single Post
Old 07-14-2018, 09:07 AM   #23
donnport

M.O.C. #22201
Ascot Roller Shades

We bought a 2016 Montana High Country a couple of months ago. Four of the Ascot roller shades would not retract. Following some information I found on this site I removed the Black Gear side of the shade and a bunch of broken plastic pieces fell out, along with a brass pin. I contacted Ascot using their email address I found online and sent them photos of the broken parts. Mindi Mcdonald, mmcdonald@ascotent.com, contacted me back and sent me all the new Black Gear assemblies that I needed. I set the shade in front of me with the black gear to my right. Unroll the shade all the way. Remove the two screws holding the black gear to the frame. Be prepared for a bunch of broken pieces to fall out. Make sure you get all the broken pieces and brass pin out. Install the new black gear with the two screws. Sometimes the shade will start rolling up by itself, but not likely. If the shade does not go up by itself, start turning the black gear in the direction away from you. You will have to turn it several times, you will feel the tension increase. Hold the shade up and it should start rolling up slowly. If it does not go up all the way, keep turning the gear until it does. If it does stop going up before it reaches the top, you may have to adjust the clear gear on the other end a little. Hope this helps someone, they are good, expensive, shades and pretty easy to fix. And Ascot sent the parts for free. I recieved them about three days after Mindi contacted me.
donnport is offline   Reply With Quote