View Single Post
Old 06-01-2018, 07:29 PM   #31
dfb
Montana Master

M.O.C. #17163
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtlakejim View Post
Wow that is odd. I guess it is a regional thing because in our part of the country it is difficult to find the short bed, single rear wheel and you would almost have to order anything that was not 4 wheel drive. The dealer we bought from had I would say about 20 1 tons. All of them where duallys and only 1 was a short bed and none of them were 2 wheel drive. More recently I stopped in to look at the 1/2 tons. There were about 35 or so of those. More short beds but only 2 were 2 wheel drive. That is just the way it is here in North Arkansas. Having read some of the comments on MOC, I actually discussed the market trends in our area just last week with the Ram dealer and a Ford dealer while shopping for our next purchase (a 1/2 ton, 4x4 crew cab). Their comments dove tailed what I saw on the lots, have seen on the road locally and have said on here in the past. About 90% of buyers IN THIS AREA want 4x4. Nearly 100% of the 1 tons purchased are dually long beds IN THIS AREA (emphasis this area so I don't get hammered by other folks). I suppose it really is a regional thing??
Could be Regional. We checked northern Nevada, las vegas, oregon, mcpeek in anaheim, fontana, san bernardino, .. DAVE SMITH IDAHO... YOU may have tons of long bed duallies. However, id be surprised if they were laramie or higher, AISIN trans,?4:10 gears, auto level., prep, ... like i said, not one dealer stocked this type of ram..could have, should have ordered one.. But why should i have to order one when the Dealers should Stock them... Baby boomers are retiring in droves and going rving...order the gas jacked up trucks for the kids..not the cummins..
dfb is offline   Reply With Quote