View Single Post
Old 04-12-2008, 04:41 AM   #6
brenkco
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8154
Chuck,
I too still have XP on a few laptops as well as a few desktops in the office. I decided to stay away from Vista for a while. Both the laptops came with built-in wireless and run fine when close to the wireless router.

My experience with Dell having purchased a few dozen machines has been excellent. I agree, the US support and business class machines is important. Part of why I like Dell is that I can purchase the machine with the OS that I want, the exact hardware configuration and only the software that I will use. Avoiding the "India" support is key.

On edit, regarding the Mac thing, I started using an Apple IIe before the PC was out. I went kicking and screaming into the PC world in the mid '90's as our industry was finally evolving such that I had to change. I still miss my Macs. DW & I recently got a couple of IPhones that make me miss the Mac OS even more....

I recently purchased 2 external devices to assist with reception for CG's WIFI, one is EnGenius High Power USB WiFi Adaptor, the other is a Cantenna Antenna. I haven't installed them yet so I can't comment on their operation. I found this info on RV net and anxious to try it as I like to extend weekends by telecommuting.
brenkco is offline   Reply With Quote