Thread: Any day now....
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2014, 02:14 AM   #6
Tom S.
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7500
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Art-n-Marge

Are you sure the Edge tuner didn't have something to do with this? I have read of other who have upgraded some engine parts (head bolts, exhaust plumbing) in order to support the new power capabilities provided by a tuner. Nevertheless, now with the new engine, hopefully it will be stronger. Do you know if the mechanics know and did some of these upgrades to improve durability and strength?

I am not familiar with the long term ramifications and I'm not trying to be the doctor here, but I'm just posting what I've heard or read about some owner actions. On the other hand I'm sure there's many who have done nothing and things are doing okay.

Best of luck with your new ride. Maybe it's now your turn to drive if you want your brother's company. You were very fortunate to have him be able to help you in this way.
The engine he has should be good for all but the most stout of tunes (100hp+) from what I've read. Of course even the stock tune can cause engine damage if the truck is abused, but I highly suspect this was not the case here.
Tom S. is offline   Reply With Quote