View Single Post
Old 02-25-2018, 10:06 PM   #20
Starmaster
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #16103
Quote:
Originally Posted by masterdrago View Post
Was wondering if that thing really works?? Hey Dave, where do you folks observe? I see your avatar is a telescope. Do you build them? Starmasters that is?
The thing works great, very accurate. Just press it up against the tank at various level from top to bottom. When the light turns from red to green, you’ve identified the propane level in the tank.

My avatar is a generic graphic, but I have several scopes, some like the refractor in the graphic, and also several reflectors. The pic in my sig was taken on top of Sandra Peak in Albuquerque. It was 70* at the base and 46* at the peak, darn cold in a T-shirt. Guess who’s wearing my sweatshirt!

I observe all over the US. I’ve logged observations in FL, MS, OK, NM, WI, MI, KS, TX, and MO to name a few. My main scope is a 14”, I always carry an 8” when we travel.

I have designed/built/modified several dobs of various sizes, but I don’t manufacuture any. Starmaster scopes were made by Rick Singmaster in Arcadia KS. Rick retired a couple of years ago, he was tired and had some health issues, its been about 6 months since I’ve talked to him.

Dave
Starmaster is offline   Reply With Quote