View Single Post
Old 08-08-2022, 10:08 AM   #25
BB_TX
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6433
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joint Venture II View Post
………

Interesting that I recently installed the TST 507 TPMS system and being the first trip out with it operational I was watching the monitor pretty often. Just before the blowout I saw 85-88psi and 92*-96*F temps on the trailer tires. We had been cruising at 62-65mph for previous 2 hours with a stop at a rest stop just 20 minutes before the Power King Towmax ST 235/85R16 blew out and did a lot of damage to sheet metel and plastic wheel well trim as well. Feel better about now running Sailun S637T ST235/85R16 G/14PLY Tires @ 90PSI.
…..
It happens. I have long been a Michelin fan and have had them on my trucks, SUVs, and cars for hundreds of thousands of miles, and even had them on my lighter weight Monte. Never a failure on any and rarely even a low tire. Until about 5 years ago. Running 70 mph on busy urban interstate not towing and suddenly the right rear tire on my truck exploded. Significant damage to rear fender and tail pipe. Truck display did not show low tire. Don’t know if road debris or faulty tire, but there is always a lot of junk on those highways in or near the city with all the construction trucks.
BB_TX is offline   Reply With Quote