View Single Post
Old 06-03-2008, 11:59 AM   #8
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
We started having the "2/3 reading" problem in the galley tank, so I put 1/2 cup of strong degreaser in the galley tank after we dumped and were ready to travel. We added a full sink of water to it. We let it slosh for about 300 miles to the next setup. We added another 3 or 4 gallons of water and dumped. Amazingly, the gage read "empty".

Dianna descales the coffee maker with about a quart of vinegar about once a month. When the process is complete, she dumps the hot vinegar in the gray tank to break up the soap scum. So after dumping, our gray tank reads "empty" most of the time but never more than 1/3.

When I dump the black tank, I wash the thoroughly by filling it for 3 to 4 minutes and draining it. I continue this fill and drain process until the water runs clear(usually about 6 times), then it always reads "empty". This has been our protocol for a year now.

Dianna is the gage checker. Every morning and evening, she checks levels. When she reports that any tank is full, then I dump them all.
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote