Thread: Transfer Switch
View Single Post
Old 06-22-2020, 09:59 AM   #80
bshgto
Montana Master

M.O.C. #16013
Quote:
Originally Posted by bshgto View Post
Now that everyone has their TS installed how are you going to monitor how many amps your drawing? Your generator has a maximum and go over it it will drop out and you have to go out and restart the gen and restart your A/C`s, what a pain in the ??? in the middle of the night, and the wife gets cranky hollering at you to get that A/C running again or there will be smouching for you, sport. The simple and very easy to install is this. I mounted mine in the camper right at the thermo stat. I connected mine to the neutral in the panel to monitor the return amps at 110 volt which is the same as the line side amps at 110 volt. You will be able to tell when you are approaching maximum amps for your gen or just check when some things need to be turnhed off before you turn something else on like the Mirco wave. This is also an easy way to see how many TRUE amps an appliance is drawing, which is helpful when determining what to run when, like the wires hair drier and the A/C or other high draw appliance.
Very easy to install and can be mounted anywhere you can get small wires. This device carries no real amperage just trace voltage so the wires can be small. This is for 110 volt generator amperage only as connecting to the neutral will show the unbalanced load at 220 volt. You can install the wires in the TS just as easy if you prefer but every thing you need is in the panel already and keeps it easy peasey to install.
here it is, amperage and voltage meter on Ebay for about 8.00 dollars
Attached Images

F350 Ford Dually 4:10`s w/bags (payload 5595 lbs) Sumo Springs 63 gal aux tank
Reese Goosebox Mor/Ryde SRE 4000 X Factors Monroe shocks.... real smooth ride
bshgto is offline   Reply With Quote