View Single Post
Old 12-23-2018, 11:46 AM   #7
AZ Traveler
Site Team

M.O.C. #20477
Quote:
Originally Posted by K2mtnman View Post
Purchased a new 2019 Montana 5th wheel and was excited to use the new KeyTV hookup for my DISH satellite. It doesn't seem to work. Here is what I have accomplished so far:

1- attached satellite coax to SAT on KeyTV located in the outside of the camper
2- attached cable from behind tv to DISH receiver and then HDMI from receiver to TV
3- turned on both TV and receiver and set TV settings to point to the correct HDMI port
4- DISH could not locate any satellites or just timed out
5- called DISH and they never heard about KeyTV even though Keystone claims that it is supported
6- DISH rep had me run a cable through the front door and directly to receiver and everything worked fine.
7- contacted Keystone directly and after many emails and text messages the conclusion is that you should not use a cable longer then 10'.

My camper is 14' tall.

Any thoughts or ideas.my wife keeps tripping over the cable running through the kitchen.
Not familiar with the Key TV. Dish will work with 25 ft of cable and I have used longer a few times to get away from trees. I do recommend a dedicated cable for the Dish. I ran mine behind the fireplace out to the outside TV where I hook up the antenna. Other have put a connector in the side or bottom of a slide. You put hopper in your text - a 211 or Wally are the recommended receivers for outdoor use.

"Life is too short to stay indoors, enjoy the ride!"
AZ Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote