View Single Post
Old 01-30-2007, 12:38 AM   #4
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
I know from personal experience that a sliding hitch is an absolute with the Chevy/GMC short bed trucks as I have owned an 03 Silverado and now an 05 GMC. Be it an Automatic SuperGlide such as I have or the manual sliders, I would in no way shape or form want to be without a slider in my short bed.
Sliding hitches come 2 ways, The manual slider where you must REMEMBER to get out of the truck while you are still inline with the trailer and pull a lever, pull the truck forward to activate the slide before making that turn. Fine in a campground but not so fine on the hiway where you may find yourself in a tight u-turn situation due to an accident ahead.
The PullRite SuperGlide is completely AUTOMATIC. As the driver you NEVER have to get out of the truck to activate the slide. You NEVER have to be concerned about getting too close to the trucks cab and rear window. Make everyone of those 90 degree turns, forward or reverse, with complete peace of mind. The SuperGlide is a bit pricey but worth every penny when it comes to absolute piece of mind. By the way, the damage to the cab or rear window when you forgot to manually slide the hitch will be more than the additional cost of the Superglide.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote