View Single Post
Old 07-27-2020, 02:48 PM   #10
sourdough
Montana Master

M.O.C. #26010
I'm thinking you might want to define the bucket list as well as you can. With that you can check out locations (or specific parks if you have any in mind) in those areas. That might give you a little better insight into what it will take to go where you want to go. If using forest service, blm, state, coe parks you can hit some length snags. If you can settle for commercial parks you should be OK with proper investigation/questioning before making reservations. If not familiar with navigating a larger trailer you need to get familiar with the feel of it.

As far as full timing, we don't. However we do spend up to 5+ months at a time. One night stands are a lot of trouble to us. We like to spend at least a week or so and see a place a bit. We spend months in FL but my DD and GDs are here.

If new to staying in an RV realize that over time they can start to feel confining. For me it starts around 3 mos., for DW in about 6 weeks. Sit in the prospective unit and spend some time thinking about it. With those thoughts in mind bigger is better. Maneuvering into smaller places smaller is better. It will be a balancing act; seems dealing with RVs is always some sort of compromise. Put a lot of thought into it - you only want to do this once and definitely don't want to begin that big adventure and find you don't like your new "home". Been retired going on 15 years and still finding hidden gems here and there.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote