View Single Post
Old 09-25-2008, 03:38 PM   #10
Ed Benson
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1027
Good advise Steve.

Anyone with "iffy performance" from their Dometic refrigerators need to occasionally pull that exterior cover and inspect for the dreaded "yellow crap" - a clear indicator of ammonia leakage, especially if the unit is under the recall parameters - that have now been extended to cover models manufactured well into 2006.

For heavens sake, don't delay getting it to a qualified Dometic service center before the warrenty expires to get service.

Those of us having been "stung" with barely out of warrenty failures and the cost out of pocket to repair / replace these units, will testify to that.

I believe that if I would have been more diligent with frequent inspections this last year, I probably would have seen some evidence of ammonia leakage before the actual catastrophic failure of my boiler tube assembly.

BTW - after having appealed directly to the CEO of Dometic North American operations for some warrenty help on my 2004 unit - which had been retrofitted under the recall last year - I have no new news to report. As of now - I am just saving my shekels toward buying the replacement cooling assembly to fix my DOA Dometic.

Ed
Ed Benson is offline   Reply With Quote