View Single Post
Old 06-09-2006, 07:30 PM   #28
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
I look at our quilts and can still remember the dresses my sister and I had when we were little. We were talking about one of the quilts the other day and I told the girls that is Grannie's bonnet I have. Opened up my cedar chest and showed them the bonnet - it is shades of Little House on the Prairie. My Grandmother made a comforter of all of my Father's army uniforms - wool. A really great quilt is a Friendship Quilt where the ladies sign their name on a block, embroidered the signature and then the blocks are pieced into a quilt. I have one that was made for my Mother when she left our hometown to move to California. Judy, I wish I could have done that for my nephews when my sister died but I was too far away to make it happen. I'm sure your grandson treasures that quilt. My daughters all treat the quilts as a healing thing. If you are sick, you get to cuddle up in "the quilt". Since I grew up with them just as an ordinary part of the bedding, I never thought of them in that way. I love them though. I will be taking pictures of ours for posterity and maybe I'll post some of the pictures.
Happy trails....................................
Happy trails......................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote