View Single Post
Old 03-03-2023, 08:12 PM   #28
Todd & Mary
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #28634
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee-CI View Post
Todd do you have install pics to share with the boys and girls here? I'm headed up to Norman, OK in a couple of weeks.
Unfortunately, I didn't get photo's while he was working. I do have some after shots I will include. But I can tell you it took the tech (Dennis) about 6 hours to complete, done all by himself in the desert here in Quartzsite AZ.
Raised the RV with leveling system.
Removed the tires.
Removed the axles and slid them from under the Rig.
Slid new axles under and attached to the springs.
Installed the disc brakes (Kodiak)
Installed the head end in the door side LP tank bay.
Ran the lines on the side of the door side frame.
Installed the flex lines to the brake assemblies and bled.
When we tested the system with the truck attached it was pulsing the brakes about every 10-20 seconds, so we had to install a resistor to dampen that signal. This is a common problem on some trucks.
Dennis recommended I set the brake controller force to 4 from 9 which I had been running with the drum brakes.
That rectified the issue. All is good now, we will be moving on 3/11 I will update performance then.

https://www.amazon.com/photos/shared...tYk2EzeovxrYqo