View Single Post
Old 03-06-2011, 07:26 AM   #3
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
For all intents and purposes a TIVO is a DVR device. TIVO is just a brand name of one of the original DVR device manufacturers. Isn't this correct?

With satellite companies renting their receivers for $5 to $7 per month I have always preferred buying a unit, then recovering the cost of it over time, just like a TIVO. I don't like having to rent a DVR every month, even after it's pretty much been paid for.

I would like a DVR but with our plan it's extra (they claim it's free but why is the programming extra - buncha liars?)

Paying for TV sucks. Remember when paying for TV meant no commercials? Now if you want no commercial channels that's even more you pay and even more extra if you want to record for later via a DVR device. What a racket.

But we must pay for all the conveniences. How else am I gonna be able to haul my heavy RV to a remote location to enjoy the wild, then turn on the TV and recline like I'm at home while living it up in Yosemite!?

A DVR is a good idea. Anyone who gets one will never go back to not having one (all I've talked to). I just have succumbed to it yet.
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote