View Single Post
Old 11-21-2004, 02:27 AM   #17
sgf
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #680
Sue, I am not busting on the Montana unit,and like I said, some will disagree with me,but our unit has spent three months total at the dealers, it is not even one year old yet;for which we consider major issues,bad a/c unit, bad furnace, slides leaking, roof replacement,bubbles in the fiberglass, carpet has tore,shower leaks, water lines reversed, windows leaked water, day-nite shades not properly installed,dvd system never worked,tires have worn on one side,not to mention alot of other issues that I have repaired or the Dealer,which has been great.Also the cabinets fell down on the couch in the large slide and we had a major gas leak.Was my Pdi bad, probably I should have caught some of these issues or the dealer before we took delivary.Most other Keystone owners we have talked too also had problems, maybe we are not being fair to keystone ;but our other two units never ever went back to the dealer for one small problem.They were not Keystone products,our pop-up was a Coleman and our tt was a Sunline,which, we think was vastly superior in construction,i.e. cabinets were all screwed together,no staples,the unit ran true and straight, 30,000 miles and still the tires looked brand new, less than one thousand on the monty and one side was totally wore out.We, just think that Keystone is selling more than any other fiver and is not inspecting the units before they leave the factory, thatis all we are saying, could we have problems like this with another brand, sure;the Monty is beautiful and fits our needs very well, we are just saying they need to more closely check these units before they leave forthe dealers.Ours is getting repaired to our satisfaction and hopefully that will take care of everything,we just do not like paying this kind of money to run back to the dealer constantly.We only use this unit for vacations and weekends and yes,we are super picky, no shoes in the unit and the better half is always cleaning the inside.I have already waxed the unit 5 times and it was just built in Nov. of last year.Just my 2 cents worth and by no means was I saying all Keystones are built bad, but this unit sure was and the units of some of our friends were also.
sgf is offline   Reply With Quote