View Single Post
Old 09-18-2013, 06:31 AM   #7
Captain Joe
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10764
The Mor/ryde pin box does not have air; however, those cushions also provide support side to side and up and down in addition to stopping chucking. Then, as you say, you have the truck air bags to mitigate road imperfections. Plus, the non air ride hitches also have side to side and front to rear springs or support. All together, you will have a smooth ride. I had to experiment with the amount of air in my truck air bags. Ended up with 25psi on both sides. Redundant air systems could cause too much RV movement and I have read posts to that effect. Many folks on the RV Network (Heavy Duty Truck - HDT) forum opine that the above setup is excellent; however, if one of the three above is not present, replace the non air ride hitch with an air ride hitch. As stated in my previous post, I have had no problems with the above setup; however, now I am in real heaven with my current setup with air ride seats and an air ride cab. Perhaps you can ask the following of the Montana owners: "Yes or No, do you get a smooth ride using a Mor/ryde pin box, a standard/non-air hitch, and truck air bags?" My answer would be yes. What do others say?
Captain Joe is offline   Reply With Quote