View Single Post
Old 09-18-2013, 04:59 AM   #4
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
Joe,
You are confusing me. My understanding of the Mor/Ryde pin box is that is is to primarily mitigate (cushion) horizontal or back and forth motion during starting and stopping. Our Mor/Ryde is not an air box but rather has the rubber cushions. The air hitches are intended to primarily mitigate (again cushion) vertical or up and down motion, for instance hitting road seams and bumps. I will concede that the air bags will work somewhat to this effect, but their primary focus area is on the truck suspension. I was under the impression that the air hitch would primarily soften the interaction between the rig and the truck itself. I can understand that these redundant air systems can indeed compound upon each other or work against each other, but my primary focus is the ride in the cab of the truck. My thoughts are if I soften potential vertical impacts at the hitch, they will never transfer to the cab. The air bags will soften road impacts transmitted from the axles to the cab area. With the air bags (regardless of soft pressure or hard), when the truck hits road seams, etc. we can definitely feel the impacts in the cab from the rig reaction. I guess it makes me wonder if I should eliminate the air bags and solely rely on an air hitch, but I see the benefits as providing cushioning above the bed and below the bed? The air bags are nice, but they are not fully accomplishing what I am hoping to accomplish. I am open to any and all thoughts and explanations.
Bingo
bncinwv is offline   Reply With Quote