View Single Post
Old 09-18-2013, 03:12 AM   #1
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
Your Ultimate Hitch System?

DW has given preliminary approval to upgrading the fifth wheel hitch in the truck. We really like the Mor/Ryde pin box that comes on the newer rigs and it will stay in place. My research is leading towards supplementing it with an air-cushioned hitch on the truck. I believe from past research that this would be the ultimate road buffering hitch system when combined with our current Fireston air bags. My pondering, as usual, is limited, so I need to entertain ideas from the vast experience base that I always rely on, the MOC! What are the hitch options that are out there that will fit the existing Reese rails? I do not want to change the existing rail and hole locations in the truck bed. Most pricing I have seen is in the $2000-$2500 range. Are there any cheaper options out there? I remember a couple of years ago, stumbling across a head unit that actually replaced just the Reese head, but have been unable to track it down on the web lately. Here is your chance to help yet another MOCer spend their money!!
Bingo

Bingo and Cathy - Our adventures begin in the hills of WV. We are blessed by our 2014 3850FL Big Sky (previous 2011 3750FL and 2007 3400RL) that we pull with a 2007 Chevy Silverado Classic DRW CC dually.
bncinwv is offline   Reply With Quote