View Single Post
Old 11-05-2017, 08:40 AM   #14
Ironbrow

M.O.C. #20790
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by TELECOOL View Post
It sounds like your start up amps could be the problem the units are drawing too much current when they first start up thus dragging down your generator causing it to trip.

Also you may want to check in to installing an Easy Start 364 from Micro-Air soft start on each of your a/c units then you will be able to run two a/c units on a 30 amp campsite hookup plus if you need to run your generator it will help the generator operate at a lower start up load.This is not only better on your a/c units but also is better on the life of your generator.
I have (3) 13,500btu units on my 2017 3811MS and they are working great.Plus it about cuts the start up amps in half. I'm a air conditioning contractor been doing this business for over 30 years and this product works great.
Absolutely! We had a micro-air soft start on our old KZ 5th wheel and we ran our 15k AC on a Honda 2000. We just bought a 2018 Montana 3790RD and the first thing we did was get two micro-air soft start cards. I wouldn't own any RV with out it.
Ironbrow is offline   Reply With Quote