View Single Post
Old 06-22-2020, 07:33 PM   #9
Nedbrod
Established Member

M.O.C. #25283
Okay folks, let me answer some of the questions. When this all started I was able to check all of the system operation. No, it was not a frozen evap coil. I do have a background in AC so I know what to look for. The one thing I could not determine was if there was a leak in the 410 gas as I could not find any residue build up on the outside of the system. All the capacitors checked out the voltage and amp readings appeared correct. The unit started the fan and after the time out setting the compressor came on and kept running. After an hour of operation there was still no cool air from the unit. 80 degree ambient and discharge temp at 72. I will be tapping into the refrigerant system very soon but its a moot point at this time. It appears to me that all the supposed technical help I've been directed to knows less than I do about the operation of this unit. I sent photos of the existing control system to the techs from Advent and pretty much the techs had no answer other than it would not work with the Advent unit that Etrailer assured me would work. I don't know what Dometic system they were talking about (even though I give them MFG#, serial#, etc.) and they claimed it would be a simple plug in connection. The six prong connector is not compatible with the Dometic control board so at this point I'm sitting with a brand new unit that I can't use. I can not believe that replacing an AC unit on a 2013 Montana can be such a problem.
Nedbrod is offline   Reply With Quote