View Single Post
Old 06-16-2019, 01:56 PM   #14
Crowes

M.O.C. #23924
No tow states comment for GA

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmitfl View Post
Ga ,Fla,Ala are no tow states. I was told by Hiway patrol in Florida that unless your doing something stupid they don’t bother. Last winter we went back to Florida for the winter to see the kids and a guy from Michigan came towing about a 25 ft pontoon boat behind his 40ft fiver. Said he had no problems with law enf. From Northern Michigan To Okeechobee
Unless Ga has recently changed there road laws , this statement is not true. Not trying to be argumentative but the actual law is that you can triple tow but there is a length limit. I have tripled towed boats, Rvs, both and been thru many a road block and it was cool. Also as far as people worrying about the laws in different states it actually depends on the state your registration is in. This drives me nuts seeing this statement on the forums . If we had to memorize 50 different sets of driving rules we would never leave the house . As per example I was was pulled over for no tag on my boat going through ga as I now live in SC the officer asked me where’s my tag , I said I don’t need one . He had to call his supervisor and found out that no I do not require one . So these statements have been tested and I’ve spent time on the phone with Ga state Patrol about the triple towing when I lived in ga asking questions . So there you now know why you see some triple towing and some not . Also triple towing behind a giant 5ver and not being able to see what your towing at all times is simply an unsafe practice.
Crowes is offline   Reply With Quote