View Single Post
Old 05-27-2022, 11:18 PM   #15
twindman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5651
My have a 2013 Mountaineer. My back wall separated from the sides. Eventually found the studs on the lower wall right in front of the back had broken. You probably don't have that but when I worked on mine, I found out some info for you.

You can pull the rubber strip off the side to get at the screws underneath. These hold the panel that is loose to the rig. Also some bolts underneath that attach the underneath portion to the frame. On the back also remove the rubber strip. I think there is a small piece of metal on the end the sort of holds things in place. Once this is off, you can slide the back rubber off - may be able to just sort of pop it out part way up about 3 feet.
At this point you can see heavy screws that actually hold the back wall to the side. By removing the fender on the side you can see the aluminum studs and see if the screws have stripped thru the stud. Mine was stripped and the dealer just put in new ones nearby. Those stripped after about 2 years, and I tried more screws but the hole got stripped out to be about an inch across!!! No more space for any new screws. That is when the dealer found the studs had broken thru the welds.

I suspect you may be able to remove the fender and the back screws and just put in new screws. The problem may be that the metal that is bent may not want to tighten back.
Good luck!

Tom and Gail
2013 Mountaineer 362
2012 Silverado 2500
twindman is offline   Reply With Quote