Thread: Quality
View Single Post
Old 08-17-2016, 08:13 PM   #13
sambam
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13166
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Rondo

DQDICK had the answer! Compare the number of Montana's that come off the line each year and the number of New Horizons built in a year. Also compare the price of each and what you will have to buy for a tow vehicle and you'll see a drastic difference. Also as Dick said, the number of members here and the number of complaints coming for members is a mere fraction of the membership. If you want to own an RV you better get used to and be capable of doing some work on it not matter what brand it is. Think if you took your house and put it on wheels and drug it around the country on some of our less than perfect highways and biways. Do you think you would have any problems with your house? I'd say you'd have a whole lot more! If you have the money to purchase a New Horizon go ahead and do so but be prepared to have problems with it also. There is no RV period that is perfect and that will not have problems. If you find one, you better keep it a secret because someone will come and try and steal it. LOL The Montana brand has been the #1 seller for the past 11 years and that has got to give you some indication as to what they are all about!

I could not agree more. My 2010, which I bought in 2013, has been exceptional. The problems I've had have been mostly brought on by myself and my ever-curious frame of mind. Sometimes I dive into stuff that should be left alone, or to the experts. My Cougar TT had a lot more quality-related issues than this one and most of them I was able to solve by myself. I have no complaints, but you simply MUST have the ability to diagnose and fix things, or have plenty of disposable cash, cuz dispose of it, you will. Better to have both.
I will say that due to some of the major problems I've seen come across this forum recently (Golfmedic comes to mind), I think I'll stick with this one for a few more years. The smartest thing I've done is join this forum.

2010 Montana 3455SA, Mor/Ryde pin, wet bolts, TST 507, Progressive HW50C, GY G614
2019 Silverado D/A 3500HD LTZ DRW CC
B&W Companion
sambam is offline   Reply With Quote