View Single Post
Old 11-26-2010, 06:42 PM   #51
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
Rich,
You and I had talked last year when I first got this Ford regarding the frequency of the regen cycles and how it seemed to be in Regen more than it was out of regen. After I had roughly 10k on the odometer, your right, the frequency became far less frequent - averaged a regen even 700-900 miles or so. Since the last update, it is now doing a regen cycle every 20 miles or so and the regen cycle will last approx 45-60 seconds. After that the dash will say exhaust cleaning complete. Every 20 miles is not acceptable. I buy my fuel from large volume top tier fuel stations and this little "game" as I now call it will happen no matter where I buy my fuel. As for rolling at 80 mph, that is how we drive out west - speed limit is 75 mph. 80 is my empty speed - I tow my coach at 66-68 mph and my horse/stock trailers at 70 - 74 mph. It does not matter if I cruise along at 60 or at 80, this truck will only average 12-12.8 mpg empty. Giving up 1/2 mpg is not worth losing 20 mph when I average 13-15 hours per day. I've run all my Duramax's at this speed since 2002 and they consistently averaged 20-21 mpg. I realize the new EPA laws have destroyed fuel economy, but as you previously stated in one of your posts, the symptoms and trouble I am experiencing is not normal and I need to unload this truck pronto. I am just disappointed that I put 34,000 miles on this thing in 13 months. I need my new Duramax to come in before I hit 36,000 or I'll take a further bath on trade in. I'm glad to see that many 6.4L owners are having better luck with their trucks - I do wish I was one of them.
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote