View Single Post
Old 03-25-2009, 02:34 PM   #7
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
I agree with MIMF about the good taste this red bellied winged terrorist has!

Vicki,

I have been at Campus RV, I agree, the trees are close, etc. But, some women are fickle and only a Montana will do! LOL

Our stick built home has trees, lots of trees, we were parked right next to one a couple of years ago, and some sweet (??) little tweeter bird made her nest in our pin, we were the proud (??) parents of at least twins, maybe 3 or 4 small tweeters.

After she raised her brood, we removed the nest and put some magnetic sheets over the holes in the pin box. Got the kind that you can use to put photos on (you print the photos, attach to these magnets and give as gifts to those who hate magnets on refrigerators---ohhh, the delights in hearing my son groan, he hates refer mags! SNICKER)

The magnets stayed on pretty good, sometimes a brisk (okkk, storm) wind would blow them off, we would find on the ground and put right back on. But, we did not have another nest, being an adoptive momma to a bunch of tweeters one time is ok, but, lets discourage a repeat performance, eh?? What if we wanted to haul Tana out of the yard. What WOULD we do with the tweeter babies???

Ya might still want to have a lookie see around your unit and see if that robin is planning on parenthood.

The magnets are not the bestest solution to this problem, but, they were reasonably affordable, easy to install and remove for travel days.

Good luck, in the meantime, follow Pam's suggestion, put on your hats! For more reasons than one, ewwwwwwwww!!
Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote