View Single Post
Old 12-18-2019, 04:39 PM   #2
Leftie Canuk
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #23585
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick-Sr View Post
Hello!

I have a 2016 Montana. The footrest on my recliner will not retract as it should. It is NOT electric but is activated by a pull cord tucked alongside the seat cushion. The springs that pull the footrest back into position are broken and I cannot figure out where they go. I’ve attached a link to a short 3 minute video I made to show you exactly what I need. If you have this recliner, it would be WONDERFUL if you could flip yours over and take a few pics of the underside showing where the smaller springs attach. These smaller springs are what pull the footrest back into position. I’d sure appreciate your help. Have talked to Lippert, and multiple others and none can help. THANKS!!

Here’s a link to the YouTube video I made https://youtu.be/iwOZ5Nja6L0
Rick,
I managed to take a couple of photos with a camera that we just got back after being missing for two years, so bear with me. If you can locate the outermost bracket with a series of holes and slots in it, that is the anchor end, I believe. The other bracket is near the front of the chair, and I believe that one is the one that pulls the foot rest out. It appears to have a rounded section for the hooked end of the spring, so it helps in the rotation as the mechanism retracts toward the spring anchor point. I have not ever posted pictures to the site, so i will work on that.
Leftie Canuk is offline   Reply With Quote