Thread: Bug Problem
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2015, 04:25 AM   #2
jcurtis934
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13740
Fruit fly-like creatures flying out of the toilet....yep, they come out of the campground sewer system into your tank when the dump valve is left open too long and they happen to be in your area of the sewer system. What I do...do the initial toilet flush like normal, but then let the valve close most of the way until the exiting water creates a waterfall effect that they can't fly through. Some hardware stores sell a fruit fly trap that looks like a tiny apple and is filled with a vinegar mix that comes with it. That gets rid of the ones you let in. Haven't tried dosing my black tank with vinegar to see if that keeps them in the tank until they die...only couple of days. STINK BUGS - almost all of the ones that got inside, came via I'll fitting screens, flew or crawled in when door was opened, or the major entry way on a closed up rv...the top side of the vent fans. There are opening there when the vent lid is open. This gives access to the whole of the attic. Had them crawling out into thepancake ceiling lights (still captive), in between the inside and outside shower dome (still captive), and out the cracks around the edges of the bottom plastic edges around the fan blades. This I sealed with white shower/bath chaulking. The ones in the attic eventually die...unless you are in an area where the bugs are plentiful. John